Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kindness Says ...

This is a late entry in the blog carnival hosted by Bridget Chumbley.
For more about it, click here on "Kindness."


"The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven,
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed.
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."
~ Portia, from William Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice


Kindness Says ...

No task is beneath me, for that would place the one who performs it beneath me.

No one is unworthy of my attention, and therefore everyone is worthy of notice.

Every person is a masterpiece—highly valued by the Creator and therefore valuable to me.

Whatever someone's need, I'm willing to ask the Lord if I should do anything about it.

Those who cross my path should leave me in a better condition than they were before I found them.

There can be no presumption that any person walks an easier path through life than me, for poverty can be of health, love, or soul.

Everyone has something they might teach me if given the opportunity.

Everyone has a valid need to be validated.

For the person who bothers me by what they are, may I remember who they are.

Whatever I do or fail to do to those I consider the least, I do to the One Who breathed life into them.

Lord, I understand the language of kindness. Please help me speak it fluently.

Contrasting points-of-view, questions and feedback are invited. Post to
BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.
#discipleship
Image source:
forums.macrumors.com

11 comments:

  1. I always want to speak the language of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And you exude kindness in every single way. It's the light of Christ shinning through you, giving glory to the Father. What a lovely glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thoughts. In agreement ~ may we speak it fluently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Please help me to speak it fluently" - that is a prayer for all of us, Anne. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love that picture. My favorite line is about how everyone has something to teach me.

    So true.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts. I love your attitude and your writing. odnkimrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Anne. Thank you.

    PS I love the new picture at the top. I don't know how long it has been there, but this is the first time I've noticed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise ~ It's a language most difficult to speak with those who most need to hear it.

    T ~ I see the same glow in you. You are a light, dear!

    Patty ~ There's room to learn more every single day.

    Glynn ~ I appreciate that your poems carry the gentle fragrance of kindness.

    Wendy ~ That line might not seem like it's about kindness, but it seems to me that allowing others to show kindness is another form of it.

    Don ~ Thank you. Was there ever one of God's kids who didn't overcome via the path of kindness?

    Jason ~ Thank you for your encouraging words. LOL about the photo, which has been up a couple weeks or so. I'm SO ready to redecorate with a spring theme. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really well put ... the photo is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, precious ideal! So much easier said than done! -- Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan ~ Thank you. It is a beautiful photo, reminiscent of the beautiful images on your blog in both photos and words.

    Cliff ~ I think it's good to articulate and meditate on ideals, so that in the moment we have opportunity to act upon them they don't seem like such an unfamiliar concept. : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)