Blog Archive

Friday, May 28, 2010

For Beauty, if She is Listening

This has been an exceptional week. In over two years of blogging, it is the first week I've posted on three other blogs, but not my own. (Am I blessed to have these kind of opportunities or what?)

Sarah M. Salter might be a little sassy now and then. I've heard her called Sarah Mae more than once. She's a missionary at home and abroad. She's beautiful inside and out. She has a sensitivity and empathy for women who have been deeply hurt, especially by men.

I share that empathy.

Three weeks ago, Sarah gave me a unique privilege by posting a piece from me titled, "
For Guys Only." Today, she has hosted my companion piece. Here is how it begins:

: : :

Beautiful woman, you have an enemy in your life, and he’s not any one of the men who have hurt you.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
~ 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)


Your enemy hates you because God uses you to birth and nurture life—relationally, perhaps physically too.


: : :

You will find the rest of my words at my sweet friend Sarah's blog, Living Between the Lines.

8 comments:

  1. OK call me blond or very tired, but I couldn't find the rest of the post over on her blog. XOXO night! Talk to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped over to Sarah's place and really enjoyed what you shared. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped over to read the rest of your post. Sweet words. May we all find victory in Christ over our enemy. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a man, I am ashamed at how other men treat women. They are to honored, respected and treasured. Your words are powerful.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. T ~ I made the link easier to use. Try again!

    Wanda ~ Thank you. : ) He does bless. May He send you a new blessing this weekend.

    Sharkbait ~ I can't say that I'm sorry for making you cry. I trust the Lord will use your tears in a good way.

    Patty ~ Amen! Victory in this realm is reproducing the life of the Spirit.

    David ~ Thank you for your words. I pray men and women alike see the ways we dishonor one another, repent, and restore one another in Christ's love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you posting on blogs all over the world!

    :-)

    You're doing some great stuff, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter ~ For Brits even! I am indeed blessed. I bless you, Peter Pollock, for being one of the people to honor me with such a privilege and honor. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)