- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (90)
- Seeing the Unseen, Hearing the Inaudible
- The Comfort Zone
- Question of the Week: Curiosity
- Goals and Purpose, Success and Significance
- Continuum of the Prophets
- Question of the Week: What is Biblical Reconciliat...
- Creation's Birth Pains
- Bible Nerd
- Question of the Week: Forgiveness or Reconciliatio...
- Don't Use Words You Don't Know
- Back to the Future
- Winter Ailments ~ A Question
- Question of the Week: Worldly Fear or Godly Fear?
- My Eyes Have Seen the King
- A Peek at Dessert First
- I Love Them So
- ▼ March (16)
- ► 2010 (216)
- ► 2009 (369)
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
A Peek at Dessert First
Now it shall come to pass in the latter days ...
Many people shall come and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of YHWH,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways ... "
They shall beat their swords into plowshares ...
~ Isaiah 2:2-4
My read through the Bible over the course of a year alternates between Old and New Testaments, between history, poetry / epistles, and prophecy. I now venture into Isaiah.
Most striking is that a book with the breadth of Isaiah begins with a look at the end—as if the Lord YHWH is about to serve a week-long, full course feast, but serves a peek at dessert first. This particular feast will serve some of Scripture's most glorious passages as well as some of its most bitter ones.
We do well to remember the peaceful end God has readied for us to savor for all eternity when we stare down the bitter moments which must also be swallowed.
Father, Your every plan is perfect. Your timing may always be trusted. Please draw our hearts to be taught in Your ways. Please serve from this rich and glorious book the insights each and every blog reader needs for the present hour.
Comments, questions, and respectful disagreement are welcome. Reply to BuildingHisBody.com comments, or e-mail buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.