Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is Anything Too Hard for the LORD?

"Hear the words of the great king, the king of Assyria! Thus says the king: 'Do not let Hezekiah deceive you, for he will not be able to deliver you; nor let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, "The LORD will surely deliver us; this city will not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria." ' " ... Then the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses—all dead.
Isaiah 36:13-15; 37:36 (NKJV)

And the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?' Is anything too hard for the LORD?"

Genesis 18:13-14 (NKJV)

Elohim (God) created the universe, remodeled the earth with a flood, and confused the languages.

El Shaddai (God Almighty) gave aged Sarah Abraham's son, wrestled with Jacob, and elevated Joseph from lowest slave to highest ruler.

I AM appeared in pillar of cloud and flame, parted the Red Sea, and provided manna and water in the desert.

YHWH Sabaoth (the LORD of Hosts) stopped time for Joshua, sent Jonathan an earthquake, and felled Goliath before David.

Qadosh (The Holy One) sent fire from heaven for Elijah, slew the Assyrians for King Hezekiah, and raised the dead by Elisha's hand.

The Ancient of Days preserved Jonah in the fish, three Jewish boys in the fiery furnace, and Daniel in the lion's den.

Elyon (the Most High) came to earth as a helpless infant, healed the dead and dying, and stilled the raging storm.

Melech Kabod (King of Glory) submitted Himself to death, conquered the grave, and is seated in heaven.

El Olam (Everlasting God) thrice gave His people Jerusalem, still calls them His own, and is soon returning to His temple.

"Is anything too hard for the LORD?"

Most miraculous of all, Adonai (My Lord) wooed my hardened heart, came to live in it, and made me whole.

My Lord and my God, nothing is to hard for You. I praise You for Your mighty acts. I stand in humble thanks that so great a God should see fit to redeem a wretch such as me. Whatever else You desire to do in my life shall surely be as wonderful. You cannot ask too much of me.

"For with God nothing will be impossible." ~ The Angel Gabriel

Feedback invited. Post to
BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)