Blog Archive

Sunday, May 3, 2009

At Jesus' Feet

Mary ... sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word... "One thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."
~ Luke 10:39-42 (NKJV)

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions ... "
~ Acts 2:17

"I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have concealed these things from the wise and sharp and learned, and revealed them to the childlike and unskilled and uneducated. Yes, Father, this was Your gracious will and pleasing to You."
~ Luke 10:21 (author, amplified)


Every time Mary of Bethany is mentioned, she is at Jesus' feet. She anoints His feet and uses her hair as a towel for them. She falls at Jesus' feet in worship and weeping. She sits and listens to the Word. A woman in patriarchal society, she found blessing in such lowly position.

God revealed something to Mary others missed—perhaps because she stayed lowly, perhaps because she had childlike ignorance. God takes great pleasure in such servants and rewards them with His choicest blessing—a view of Himself.

Jesus was an uneducated man who shared truth with words the wise and learned failed to understand. I've recently become acquainted with one of Jesus' humble servants to whom God gives both startling insights and the ability to share them with vivid simplicity.

If you're inclined to spend your Sunday looking for a view of God pure and plain, visit Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today. I promise you'll be blessed.

Lord of heaven and earth, You are good to make Yourself known in Your creation, in Your Christ, in Your Counselor. Thank You for loving the most lowly and humble and sinful of us and making us Your servants. Thank You for the ability to see Your face each day. I love You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. God is so precious to me, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link I really enjoyed his blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a heart like Mary's, who loved to be at the feet of Jesus. I pray for that. Thanks for a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, you are such a sweetheart. Thanks for this. There are a lot of times I catch myself being a Martha, and then I'm reminded that I should be a Mary instead.

    Sitting at Jesus' feet is the best place to be.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)