"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' "
~ John 3:6-7 (NKJV)
We can read the Bible to be informed, and then either increase in wisdom and understanding—or be puffed up in pride.
We can look to other Christians for their and counsel and example of how to live out Christianity, and then find wisdom—or conformity to mere standards of religion.
What makes the difference? Going beyond being only informed or conformed, and becoming transformed by the power of a new birth through the Holy Spirit. Until the breath of the Holy Spirit enters us by Christ's blood, we are as unable to become spiritual people as a fetus is unable to breathe.
"The true indicator of spiritual well-being
is growth in the ability to love God and people."
~ John Ortberg
Comments are welcome and will receive a reply.
You may contact author via Twitter – @anne4JC
or e-mail – buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (90)
- Never Thirst
- Laying Hold of the Greater
- One Question Quiz
- One Man's Ministry
- Tripled Surprises
- Saints Alive
- Informed, Conformed, Transformed – Part III, Learn...
- Informed, Conformed, Transformed – Part II, Watch ...
- Informed, Conformed, Transformed – Part I, Knowled...
- From Wine to Whip
- Good Wine
- Water and Fire
- Come, Follow, Go – Conclusion Ultimate Conquest
- Come, Follow, Go – Part IV Unsafe God
- Come, Follow, Go – Part III How Far Will You Go?
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2010 (216)
- ► 2009 (369)