Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Worship and Sacrifice

"This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD has commanded, saying: 'Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring you a red heifer without blemish …' "
~ Numbers 19:2 (NKJV)


This verse describes what has long been one of the obstacles for modern day Jews to again establish temple worship and sacrifice: obtaining the ashes of a perfect red heifer for the water of purification.

In my heart there burns deep affection for faithful Jews, my fellow servants in the Kingdom of Adonai. While I, too, ache for the day when temple worship is restored to Jerusalem, I also know that the Lord Jesus has completed everything necessary for me to come before God to offer my sacrifice.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
~ Romans 12:1 (NKJV)


Worship may include our actions, but it is foremost the condition of the heart which continually bows before the Lord God of Israel to offer myself—all I am, all I do, all I have.

We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.… here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
~ from Hebrews 13:10-15 (NKJV) 


Comments are welcome (including respectful disagreement) and will receive a reply.
You may also contact author via Twitter – @anne4JC
or e-mail – buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2012, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I love you sis, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I almost missed replying to you. Your every comment is treasured. Your every prayer is a gift. I love you too!

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)