Blog Archive

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Lord is Near

There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion ... a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always... [An angel of God] said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God."
~ Acts 10:1-2,4 (NKJV)

The LORD is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him.
~ Psalms 145:18-19 (NKJV)

"For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
~ 1 Samuel 16:7 (NKJV)


I look forward to heaven because there I will see God. I will look upon my Maker. I will see the scars of my Savior. I will bask in the light of love and glory that may be felt.

But I will also see all the saints who have gone before me. I will share sweet fellowship with David and Daniel, Rahab and Ruth, Cornelius and Cleopas. Distinctions such as Jew and Gentile, men and women, lofty and lowly will cease to have meaning in God's presence.

The Lord is near now to those who call upon Him in truth. He hears our prayers. He does not look at success or failures, status or vagrancy, but upon the heart which fears and loves Him.

I hope you're not disappointed that I present nothing fresh and new at the moment. Today the Lord is near this Gentile, and I am simply reveling in His gifts.

Oh Lord our God, how wonderful is the depth of the riches of both Your wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable are Your judgments and Your ways past finding out! How merciful You are to extend Your covenant and salvation beyond the house of Israel to all nations.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy

2 comments:

  1. Heaven will be so precious, thank You Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, simply "reveling in His gifts" is the freshest, most inspiring thing that a person can do -- and of more value than even the most professionally crafted, eloquent worded sermon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)