Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He Will Hear

I cry aloud to God, aloud to God,
and he will hear me.
In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord....
Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders.
~ Psalms 77:1-2,13-14 (ESV)

So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them.
~ Acts 3:5 (NKJV)


I wish I wrote these posts at first light while the house sleeps. They are typically composed in evening hours as five children, the phone, my beloved, and perhaps bedtime all vie for my attention. Four-year-old Daniel has learned to say "Look at me, Mom" before he speaks.

Our omnipresent God has no difficulty giving His full attention to each one of us, all at the same time. Every day is "the day of my trouble." If we cry out to God He will hear us. There is no matter too great for Him to work wonders with. Miracles are His business.

There is also no matter so trivial it is a bother to Him. His full attention is always upon each of us. There is no moment of the day when we lose His interest. He doesn't have something more pressing to go attend to. We face no situation He expects us to handle on our own.

He will hear because He is near.

Precious Abba our Father, how much You love Your children. How good You are to keep us in Your presence. Please make us mindful of You, as eager to speak to You as You are to hear. Please draw us to give You our attention, expecting to receive what You are anxious to give.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Anne for blessing me. And praise you Lord for helping me in the time of my trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a dear blessing to this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is such an encouragement as the past couple of days have been overwhelming. Thank you for the inspiration to keep the faith with a smile!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)