Blog Archive

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Greatest Love Story

It is common, as I listen to love songs, to feel the passion of the Greatest Love Story. Usually, I hear my ache for Jesus. Other times, I've felt the ache of Jesus for His bride.

I hadn't heard "Unchained Melody" in years. It was played at a wedding last weekend, and it hasn't left my head and heart all week.

Has Jesus' waiting also seemed like a long time? I've been wondering, as Jesus sits at His Father's right hand, if among his prayers for us might be: "God speed your love to Me."


"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
~ Mark 13:32 (NKJV)


UNCHAINED MELODY
Written 1955: Lyrics, Hy Zaret; Music, Alex North




Oh my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?

I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me

Lonely rivers flow to the sea
to the sea
to the open arms of the sea
lonely rivers sigh wait for me
wait for me
I'll be coming home wait for me

Oh my love, my darling
I've hungered, hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?

I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me


Comments, questions, and respectful disagreement are welcome. Reply to BuildingHisBody.com comments, or e-mail buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Glynn ~

    According to BBC News, the record "Unchained Melody" has 697 different releases. Wikipedia reports it as one of the most recorded songs of the 20th Century. Little wonder, with such an evocative melody, and such haunting lyrics.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)