Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wiped

"Beach Wash"
Photo credit: Darius Goins

Piercing pain to my heart
Darkness that does not depart
How this wound from one who says 'love'?
Why this assault allowed from above?

Offender shall not be called 'foe'
With blessing shall curse be told 'go!'
To malice hands of good open wide
Spite shall bring prayer to on high.

Hope is yet strangled by tears
Where lurks the debt in arrears?
Ponder long—what offering could pay?
There is none—save debt wiped away.

Perfect peace in my heart
Light that shall not depart
How this gift for one flawed in love?
Why this grace to dust from above?

░ ♥ ░

"He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see."
~ John 9:15 (NKJV)

░ † ░


Today I achieve my goal to join High Calling's "Random Acts of Poetry." This month's challenge is "Forgiveness."

Comments, questions, and respectful disagreement are welcome. Reply to BuildingHisBody.com comments, or e-mail buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Light that shall not depart!

    My favorite line!
    Amen.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why this grace to dust? Because he loved us. I can't even fathom it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy ~

    Even when the Darkness "comes in like a flood," Light
    is
    There!
    ALWAYS!
    Praise God for His incredible, everlasting Light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glynn ~

    I never can get over His love either. I'm gratful that He continues to amaze me with it, that it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the energy I feel in this forgiveness. So lovely, so true, so...filled with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura ~

    The glory goes to God, who makes possible all that is love, energy, forgiveness, lovely, true, grace ... and full. :D

    I'm so grateful for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)