Blog Archive

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Necessity is Laid Upon Me

"For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."
~ Acts 4:20 (NKJV)

For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!
~ 1 Corinthians 9:16 (NKJV)

Let everything that has breath praise YHWH.
Hallelu Yah!
~ Psalms 150:6 (author)


I thank every one of you who reads this, because through you God is fulfilling the desire of my heart. What His Spirit puts in me cannot be contained there. I cannot but speak about my God. Indeed, necessity is laid upon me to share Him everywhere, and to be grateful for all who hear.

There was a time when I was criticized as way too showy about my faith. Sundays were a bittersweet time. Praise time was always conducted with upmost decorum rather than the exuberance in my soul. I entered church hoping for an opportunity to share the Lord, rejoiced if I received such an opportunity, and then weathered disdain for being so vocal.

The Lord has brought me to a church with an enthusiastic music pastor, praise orchestra and choir. My drama team director encourages me to be "over the top" in every performance which gives testimony to my Lord. And I am blessed with this blog, an unedited forum to declare Him.

Thank you for the moments of your day you give to consider the wonders of our God.

Oh my Lord, I can hardly bear the love You've put in me for You. You are exceedingly more glorious than the creation presented as Your gift. I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant. Please cause this blog to be seen by whomever You will, richly bless each of them, and speak to their hearts through me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy

3 comments:

  1. My friend, your blog touches my heart daily, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would Christianity be if Paul had stifled his exuberance, if he had not been "showy" about his faith?

    Anne, you remind me in your passion about your faith of the prophet Jeremiah, who said, "God's word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clifford, the Lord and I had a serious wrestling match with Jeremiah 20:9 on June 6, 1999, after I'd been walking with Him about a decade.

    He won. It didn't hurt. Much.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)