Blog Archive

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Repent and be Baptized

They were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."
~ Acts 2:37-39 (ESV)

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
~ Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)

This is my testimony: I heard and accepted the Good News of salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I played church for three years, with one foot in the world and one in the kingdom. I was more miserable than before I heard the Good News, and didn't know why.

Then one sermon I heard the words of Peter, "Repent and be baptized." The Holy Spirit said "Do it!" I didn't understand baptism, but I told God, "If that's what You want, that's what I'll do."

Self was crucified and Jesus became my Lord that autumn day in 1988. He gave me His Spirit to change me from the inside out. He's never asked me for anything He did not replace with something exceedingly better. His life is as much better than my old life as the heavens are higher than the earth.

Lord, Thank You for calling me to Yourself when I was far off. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for loving me when I fail You. I gladly die for You daily and live for You daily. I'll love You forever with all I am. Please keep me near You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy

2 comments:

  1. I join you my friend in this lovely prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your powerful testimony Anne. The Spirit works so strongly in you and through you. Your faithfulness and love of God points those privileged enough to know you to your Father, and causes us to rejoice in Him right alongside you.

    God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)