Blog Archive

Friday, October 7, 2011

The One Burning Question

The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet... "
~ John 4:19 (NKJV)

The woman at the well stands exposed. The Prophet sees her for what she is. Most people might withdraw and hide at this point.

But the Prophet did not turn away from her, and she does not turn away either. She elects another option, revealing an even deeper secret of her heart—revealing the woman who has already been in hiding.

Something greater than her shame dares to emerge, because she has won the spiritual lottery of obtaining a Prophet's ear. She wants to claim a prize which has eluded every person she knows.

"... Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship."
~ John 4:20 (NKJV)

The woman at the well of five husbands and a live-in boyfriend wants her worship to be validated.

This woman who is a nobody dares to believe she might be a somebody in the eyes of God.

I ask of you and of myself ~

When exposed before the Lord, is the first inclination to run and hide as Adam and Eve, or face the God-Who-Sees and engage Him?

When we understand that we have God's ear, will our one burning question dare to emerge?

Is worship about doing a duty or about knowing we've touched God?

Comments are welcome and will receive a reply.
You may also contact author via Twitter – @anne4JC
or e-mail – buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I pray that I would
    stand, or fall,
    tremble in His presence
    but not turn away
    knowing that He knows
    knowing that He sees
    the freedom of being fully known
    as intoxicating as it is terrifying
    This is why I seek Him now
    and set myself apart
    giving Him my heart, my mind, my strength
    I think I might ask Him
    "what have I missed?"

    blessings,
    in His service,
    for His glory,

    Karin (HisFireFly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the freedom of being fully known
    as intoxicating as it is terrifying


    Karin, you've said this so beautifully. Thank you for blessing me and my blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, isn't THE one burning question, "What more of Yourself can You show me today, Lord?"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)