Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Urgency

The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" Then they went out of the city and came to Him.
~ John 4:28-30 (NKJV)

Jesus has just disclosed that He is the Messiah (or Christ) to the Samaritan woman. Did shivers run up her spine? Did she gasp? How big did her eyes get?

This is something too big to think over for herself, or mention later to her friends. She leaves behind her waterpot. She goes straight to the men. She conveys to them enough astonishment that they are compelled to interrupt their day and go check out the Jew at the well.

How often do we act with such urgency? We are convicted to make a contact, take action, or pick up a Bible, and we make a mental note to do just that ... later on.

And then 'later on' doesn't come.

I've heard it said that we have more regrets over things we failed to do than for things we did and wish we hadn't. I suspect it's true.

“Don't wait. The time will never be just right.”
~ Napoleon Hill

Comments are welcome and will receive a reply.
You may also contact author via Twitter – @anne4JC
or e-mail – buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I know that I have been guilty of this very thing. I have laid my head on my pillow for the night thinking 'I never really got around to praying like I wanted to today'. How is it that I end up doing much more sleeping than praying on days such as this.

    I am getting better with the time that I spend with the Lord, and I truly love every minute of it! But if there were only more time right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you and I have seen God's financial provision in miraculous ways. Your van is one of the most encouraging stories of that I know.

    I believe God gives us all the time we need. We just don't spend it right. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe He definitely gives us enough time. My last comment was tainted with sarcasm.

    And of course my van is just one of my greatest blessings! Unfortunately I have been driving long distances for work, but God continues to be faithful. Other than tires and oil changes, we haven't been able to afford anything that it "needs". Thank God that in addition to all the attributes that He is to us, He is also our mechanic. It makes me very emotional to know that I don't deserve such goodness.

    Blessed be His glorious name, and may it be exalted above all the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, there's no question that I think I don't have enough time.

    But when I talk on my blog, I definitely spend as much time trying to live out the things I'm learning as when I share, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)