Blog Archive

Monday, October 31, 2011

Point of Death

When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, [the nobleman] went to Him [at Cana] and implored Him to come down [to Capernaum] and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
~ John 4:47 (NKJV)

The twenty miles from Capernaum to Cana was a long journey in the time of Jesus—evidently an overnight roundtrip.

Is there any situation in your life at the point of death? A job? Finances? Health? A relationship?

You might spend two days working on it. But would you spend two days to simply search out God's help for it? How about just one full day?

If there's such a situation in your life, the question is worth asking.

Our Father in Heaven, You hold our lives and everything touching them in Your hands. Please give us strength of heart to seek You out and humble ourselves before You when something vital is slipping away from us. Please enable us to trust You for the outcome, and for Your timing, however long we wait.

Comments are welcome and will receive a reply.
You may also contact author via Twitter – @anne4JC
or e-mail – buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com
Copyright 2011, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What timing God has -- I am preaching next Sunday and was given this same passage - Jesus 2nd miracle...

    nice to see your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anne.

    God uses you in powerful ways. This is a convicting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, I pray again that the Lord bless your preparation and your delivery, all for His glory. \o/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I often write where I too am being convicted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Denise! So glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly enough I had 3 jobs last week and now I am down to 1 that is not working out so great. I feel I have been doing everything to put my trust in Jesus concerning this, yet I feel I am going in circles with dead ends if that makes sense.

    I am going to take your challenge and give this situation a whole day...quite likely today. I have been pleading with God to direct my steps and for Him to put me where "He" wants me, not where I want to be. This is the first time in my "job life" that I have been so completely open to His will.

    Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll share the day with you, Mary. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)