Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Praise AND Worship

And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. (Matthew 28:9 NKJV)

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:23-24 NKJV)

Jesus gave an imperative to rejoice which is recorded with the Greek salutation chairete (a verb related to the noun charis, "grace, favor, joy"). Could there be a greater cause to rejoice than receiving a loved one back from the grave? Yet the joyful reunion was met first with face-on-the-ground worship, not the hands-uplifted-dancing praise which surely followed.

The Father seeks true worshipers. After I enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise, let me not fail to worship.

Lord Jesus, "I can only imagine, when that day comes ... will I dance for You ... Or to my knees [and face] will I fall?" I long to do all of it. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)