Blog Archive

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Talent Test

"His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ " (Matthew 25:21 NKJV)

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory . . . the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."
(Matthew 25:31,34 NKJV)

Each brief day on Earth is a test with eternal implications. All who are Christ’s will receive eternal life. Scripture reveals that believers will also be judged and rewarded according to their use of the talents and gifts entrusted to them. A good many will enter Heaven with fire licking at the seat of their pants (1 Corinthians 3:11-15), with nothing to show for their days on earth. Surely one of Heaven’s greatest rewards is if I hear the words from my beloved Lord, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

My Lord, thank You for the abundance with which You’ve blessed me. Please give me wisdom and courage to do with it as pleases You—as brings glory to Your name.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)