Blog Archive

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Praise without Distraction

"These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:8-9 NKJV)

"Those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. (Matthew 15:18-19 NKJV)

In the next few hours, I will stand among the congregation and honor the Lord with my lips. I will worship, praise and exalt Him with songs that I usually sing from the heart. On other days I will be other places and will definitely sing praise from the heart. Yet I will just as easily call another driver an idiot, and have evil thoughts about those who annoy me. If the praise on my lips is to be pure, it must come from a pure heart.

Oh my Lord, my desire is to truly honor You. Please give to me, and to each who is Yours, a heart that loves both You who we do not see and the neighbors who we do see. Please wash Your bride and make us ready for Your return.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)