Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Law of the Spirit

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV)

To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. (Titus 1:15 NKJV)

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2 NKJV)

Two Hebrew nouns for salvation (yesha, masculine, and yeshua, feminine) are rooted in the verb yasha, which Strong's defines as "to be open, wide or free ... to be safe." Salvation is not confining, but gloriously liberating. The law of the Spirit confines us as the earth confines the wind (John 3:8).

To receive salvation from sin means more than deliverance from an eternal death penalty. If truly free we no longer desire to give sin a place in our lives. We are no longer captive to the sin with which we still live. We have liberty from sin because we no longer take liberty with sin.

Temptation will come. Like birds, temptation may fly overhead and perhaps even land on us, but we are no longer in bonds so that it builds a nest in our hair. If we are bound to God's Spirit, He will "lead us not into temptation," but on wings of liberty around, through, beyond temptation.

Lord YHWH, You are my Rock and my Deliverer and my God in whom I trust. The strength of my salvation is in You alone. Keep me securely in the shadow of Your wings, where I find freedom beyond my imagination. You are my Delight. Thank You for granting the desires of my heart.

I have seen the consummation of all perfection,
But Your commandment is exceedingly broad.
Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
(Psalms 119:96-97 NKJV)

Feedback may be posted to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mailed to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)