Blog Archive

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Now I See

They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind. ... Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. "He put mud on my eyes," the man replied, "and I washed, and now I see." (John 9:13,15 NIV)

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7 KJV)

So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. (John 20:21-22 NKJV)

Jesus chose to heal the man blind since birth by the same means with which He created man—He took dirt and put the power of life in it with His mouth.

By breathing on us with His Holy Spirit, Jesus likewise puts life into what is no more than dirt. Whether we come from the gutter of visible immorality, or the pedestal of self-righteous religion, we are little more than breathing dirt before we are truly born again.

Jesus has breathed upon me a second time. I was a dead man walking, but now I live. I once was blind, but now I see.

My Lord, how is it that You my King should die to redeem a wretch like me? Your love and grace are amazing indeed. You have blessed me beyond measure with fullness of life. Please let me see You more clearly, love You more dearly, follow You more nearly, each day.

Comments are invited! Post here, or e-mail via profile page.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)