Blog Archive

Sunday, September 14, 2008

You May Have Peace

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 NKJV)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV)

A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd ...
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul ...
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me.
(Psalms 23:1-4 NKJV)


What is troubling you in this hour? Past pain? Present conflict? Fear of the Future?

Jesus has already overcome it. All that remains is to draw so closely to Him that His presence is felt tangibly, and that the situation may be seen from His perspective.

You may have peace. "Let your requests be made known to God." The peace which passes understanding is available in Jesus.

Lord Jesus, You are indeed the Good Shepherd. You know already what we need as we grasp for it blindly. Help us empty ourselves of us, then fill us with Yourself, and with Your limitless love and peace.

"No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace." – Unknown

Comments are invited! Post here, or e-mail via profile page.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)