Blog Archive

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Love's Need


"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.'
Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you.' "
~ Dr. Erich Fromm


Love's Need
#knowingGod

From afar the LORD appeared unto me.
'Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love.'
~ Jeremiah 31:3 (JPS)


We come to Christ in need of a Savior, and we love the Lord for what He's done for us.

As we better know Him, we cannot help but grow in love for Him simply for Who He is. Our love could reach a point that eternal life is meaningless except that it allows us to be with Him we love.

Jesus, God made man, has a love for us so great it compelled Him to die for us. I assert that such a love needs us and our love.

The more I've thought on this, the more I stand in utter wonder of our God.

The weekend audience for this blog is usually slim. To the handful of people seeing this, I trust you won't mind pondering it again if it reappears some weekday for a wider audience.

Contrasting points-of-view, questions and feedback are invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Anne, I love the idea that the Lord doesn't need us to accomplish any task for him, he simply needs our love. He can do it all without us but he does it all for us.
    ( I do believe this post bears repeating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really blessed me, thank you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thought, Anne. If you repeated this post, I know I would gain even more from it--see it from a new angle, find something new to ponder.

    Also--I watched that little girl in the photo for at least two minutes. :) That photo is an entire story of its own, is it not? She longs for so much. Compelling picture.

    Have a blessed Sunday, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...such a love needs us and our love." And we're made in His image. Beautiful, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T. Anne, I love you, too. Thanks for affirming my thought to repeat this. He can do it all without us but he does it all for us. Very nice.

    Denise, you are very, very welcome. I thank you for being here and hope you're feeling better.

    Trent, I'm so blessed to have you here. You're welcome, Bro.

    Gwen, I had three photos I debated over for the longest time. But I agree, this one is most compelling. Between the look in her eyes, her pose, and the reflection of light amid clouds, I had to go with this one.

    Glynn, I'm fascinated that you mention being "made in His image". This was very much on my mind. Thank you for following. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)