Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Offer Sacrifice

"Hear, O My people ...
I am God, your God! ...
Will I eat the flesh of bulls,
Or drink the blood of goats?
Offer to God thanksgiving,
And pay your vows to the Most High.
Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."
(Psalms 50:7,13-15 NKJV)

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness ... I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle ... The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart ... I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving ... Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
(Psalms 4:5; 27:6; 51:17; 116:17;141:2 NKJV)

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV)

The offering of daily sacrifice—flesh and blood of animals, burning incense, grain and wine offerings—in the Old Testament temple before God’s shekinah (visible) glory is no longer possible. The superior offerings of the New Covenant are made with the temple of our bodies where the Holy Spirit dwells.

We offer righteousness by doing as we should rather than as we want. We choose to display our inner joy rather than become irritated. We bring brokenness for sin rather than explanations. We give thanks for what is rather than complain for what is not. We sacrifice something good for something better and take time to pray.

Always. Without ceasing. In everything. To glorify our God.

Oh God, You are my God! My vows are: I will ever praise You; I will seek You in the morning; I will learn to walk in Your ways and follow You all of my days; I will offer sacrifice by Your grace alone. My highest privilege, greatest pleasure, and deepest passion is to give You glory.

Comments are invited! Post here, or e-mail via profile page.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)