Blog Archive

Friday, November 21, 2008

Be Cleansed

Now a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed." (Mark 1:40-41 NKJV)

Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me." Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!" Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean." (John 13:8-10 NKJV)

Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart,
O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
(Psalms 51:9-12 NKJV)


The cleansing we receive when we first turn ourselves over to Christ is the most pivotal moment in our lives. The depth of that commitment defines all we have been and all we will be. As one songwriter says, "When you believe He's all you need, that will be your defining moment."

If only we never stumbled after that wondrous moment, and never again walked in the mire of sin, needing our feet washed. But if the life of faith was only about reaching heaven, God could arrange for us to arrive there as soon as we believe in Him. The Christian life is faithfully walking the course He sets before us. When our feet slip, we need only ask Him to be cleansed.

If our relationship with the Lord becomes stale, we need to truly enter His presence. There, we may ask Him for a clean heart and the renewal of a steadfast spirit—and rediscover the joy of His salvation.

Lord Jesus, we ought to know when we've walked in the mire but don't always notice. Please show us ourselves as You see us—loved and uncondemned, and needing our feet washed like little children unaware of their dirty faces. Please draw us to You and all You wish to do in us.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the Word of God! I am so thankful it is living and active and able to change me everytime I read it.

    Bless you for all you do!!! : )

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and Amen .thank you for your time and effort,what a blessing. Rena

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)