Blog Archive

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Creating a Word of Art

My mouth shall declare Your righteousness,
And Your deliverance salvation,
Though I know not how to recount them.
(Psalm 71:15 author)

The Spirit also helps us in our weakness; for we do not know what prayers to offer nor in what way to offer them. But the Spirit Himself pleads for us in yearnings [sighs] that can find no words.
(Romans 8:26 WNT, amplified)

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen. (John 21:25 NKJV)

The artist gazes upon something others have looked up so often that they no longer regard it. He or she feels something others do not perceive, and a yearning wells up in the soul to freshly depict the world, utilizing mediums of color, light, sculpture, film, music, spice, fabric.

The medium used by author or speaker is words, however simple, humorous, eloquent. A concept seizes the word artist, and we are driven to make it fresh and profound, and infuse it with new life. We understand that many who we touch will dismiss us with, "not interested," "whatever!"—or "uh-huh, knew that."

I cannot bear to regard my Creator, Light, Savior, Rock, Fire, Bread, Shepherd, Friend, Lord and King, and know that others perceive Him as irrelevant, hostile—or merely familiar. I paint Him with words, and wonder if anyone catches in them a glimpse of what I see and feel. The words are never exhausted, yet a point comes when they and I are inadequate to the Subject.

And I am left with an inexpressible, yearning sigh.

My God, I look upon You and bow in awe. My heart cannot contain You.
I beg You to permit me an audience with which to share You, however small or large, that I might raise the humble and bend the lofty’s knee, with whatever words stir souls to love You as You deserve.

"The love of God is greater far than pen or tongue can ever tell."
~ Frederick M. Lehman

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!
    It blessed me!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest assured, Anne, we catch more than a glimpse through your eloquent words.

    He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. You have an Audience of One, and your words, which spring from your passion for God, begin to draw people to your writing.

    God has given you gifts and the desire to share them for no personal gain, but for the building up of His Kingdom. His work in you is already begun. No matter what, He is at work--and will be faithful--to complete it.

    May God bless you richly today and make His Presence felt in every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)