Blog Archive

Sunday, November 9, 2008

You Who

You who hear prayer, To You all flesh will come...
O God of our salvation,
You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth ...
Being clothed with power;
You who still the noise of the seas ...
And the tumult of the peoples...
You crown the year with Your goodness,
And Your paths drip with abundance...
Blessed is the man You choose,
And cause to approach You.
(Psalms 65:2,5-7,11,4 NKJV)

"Bear with me a little, and I will show you
That there are yet words to speak on God's behalf...
I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker."
(Job 36:2-3 NKJV)

Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation ...
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
(Psalms 71:18-20 NKJV)

Today my mother celebrates her 70th birthday. I can't be at the party, nor can her dearest friend, who died late Thursday. Before he came into her life, she used to say she was ready to be with the Lord. Now that her friend is with God, I suspect this world will hold even less appeal.

She often speaks of God's goodness to the three generations she has birthed. Through many heavy trials, I've heard her sometimes wonder why, but never heard her accuse God of unfairness. Like the psalmists, even amid tears, she ascribes to the Lord only goodness.

Unlike suffering people around us, we do not rage at God, "You who fails to ...!" with bitterness. God has caused us to approach Him, so we know blessing amid suffering, and can declare in the hearing of others, "O God, who is like You? You who ..." The list of His blessings is endless.

Only pleasure awaits us before His throne. But earth cannot hear our praises once we leave.

Lord YHWH, my inadequate words fall upon too few ears when I declare Your goodness. You are salvation, confidence, strength, revival, goodness, abundance. You are clothed in power and light. You still the noise of men's souls and the tumult of the peoples with Your peace.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)