Blog Archive

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Broken Inside

Lord, there are mornings when I come before You and feel too small and broken to know what to give You.

I am reminded that this is all You ask.

And so I give You myself, small and broken. And I say "Thank You for the cross," knowing it cannot be said too many times.




Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing
Poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at Your gift of life
I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life

Now You are exhalted to the highest place
King of the Heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I'll marvel at Your saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
Oh I'm full of praise once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross, my friend

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life


Lyrics "Once Again" by Matt Redman & Tim Hughes © 1996 Thankyou Music

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Matt Redman, but I love Jesus more. Thank you Jesus for the cross. You're right Anne, it can't be said enough. He likes us broken and desperate. I guess that's lucky for me and for you Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T ~

    I think perhaps He finds us irresistible when we're broken, and therefore allows it.

    No luck. All grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise ~

    "God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)