Blog Archive

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Conquest

Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
~ Psalms 119:11 (NKJV)


Conquest

How does the human soul
comprehend that it is whole
for to it Your Spirit binds.

My joy You intimately know
only in You is it able to grow
fleeting happiness is not the same kind.

My griefs You also share
Rooted in sin and heavy to bear
You reveal the guilt which is mine.

No condemnation You hold
Your blood makes me white as snow
You bid me leave sorrow behind.

A tender heart of desire You need
Your Word is sown as Your seed
And conquest power I find.

I love hearing from you. Reply to BuildingHisBody.com comments or e-mail BuildingHisBody@gmail.com.
Copyright 2010, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. From a tender heart to conquest power. Oh, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No condemnation You hold
    Your blood makes me white as snow
    You bid me leave sorrow behind."
    My favorite lines! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More comments without replies. I love you guys too much not to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasa ~

    I don't try poetry often enough to feel confident about it and I'm grateful for the "beautiful." Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snady ~

    A tender heart of desire You need
    Your Word is sown as Your seed
    And conquest power I find.


    Now I'm glad that I forgot to reply, so that I could linger again over these words that you liked.

    Life is always reproduced with seed. Life is strength. Life is power. Life is victory over death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T ~

    I think the burden of sorrowing for sin enables us to conquer it more thoroughly. Though it doesn't feel like we're conquering when those tears flow ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise ~

    In again seeing your words "beyond lovely" I think of you—"beyond lovely."

    I love you, dear!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)