Blog Archive

Sunday, August 29, 2010

O The Deep Deep Love Of Jesus

Lord, I've asked in the past if I could have a spot in Heaven not too far from the King, even if it's just scrubbing out the corner with a toothbrush. I'm not particularly interested in Heaven's other locales or pleasures.

Then I consider how undeserving of Your grace I am, and I feel I can't ask for even that much.

All the same, I know that You love me, and that You know my love for You. And I want to say that I don't care a whit about Heaven unless I'm with You, in Your presence, taking in the fullness of Your vast, unmeasured, boundless love. I'd rather spend an eternity on Earth in only Your Spirit's presence than to be Heaven without You.



O The Deep Deep Love Of Jesus

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me,
Is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth,
Changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches over His loved ones,
Died to call them all His own
How for them He intercedeth,
watcheth over them from the throne.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Tis a heaven of heavens to me
And it lifts me up to glory,
For it lifts me up to Thee!


I appreciate hearing from you. Questions are welcome. Reply to BuildingHisBody.com comments or e-mail me—my address is
buildingHisbody [plus] @gmail.com.
Words of "O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus" by S. Trevor Francis, 1875.
Arrangement recorded by Selah © 2004 Curb Songs
All other content Copyright 2010, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

8 comments:

  1. His love is magical. Can I say that? I think I just did. Have a great Sunday Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way sis, I only want to be with my Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Anne:)

    can't think of anything more wonderful or heavenly then knowing and being totally absorbed into His Perfect love. a love that would make me burst if i were still only a human being there...

    love the music but importantly the lyrics. i appreciate it so much to have the lyrics posted as well. have a great day IN HIS PRESENCE,sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard that song before...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. T ~

    Indeed! And if human love can feel as good as it does ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise ~

    Isn't it wonderful to be assured that after our few short years on earth we will be with Him Who loves us most? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bud ~

    I do love the lyrics. And those strings! The melancholy seems so fitting for a love so grand—that we can't yet have all of.

    Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary ~

    One of my favs. I've seen few Christian groups live. I'm glad that Selah was one of those few. They've spent years ministering in Africa, in the Congo. Their music has the passion of those who have given much to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)