Blog Archive

Monday, March 17, 2008

Humility and Wisdom

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another . . . Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. (Romans 12:10,16 NKJV)

At every turn is the humble person who is my neighbor. The slow driver in the fast lane. My three year-old. The other person in the discussion who just doesn’t get it (maybe even my spouse). I’d rather be kind or give preference or not be wise with an exalted person. I’d rather think about high things than about the dishes, about the six year-old’s tenth drawing today, about the ramblings of another. If I aspire to be a great Christian I’ll be like Christ, giving preference to even the humble. If I aspire to wisdom I’ll think on the simple things.


Jesus, please help me be more like You today.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)