Blog Archive

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Perfect Will of God

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:1-2 NKJV)

The Holy Spirit is the most gentle Master, never forcing my compliance with God’s will. However often I wrestle with Him to learn His will and perform it, I always find this less painful than resisting His will. His love for me provides absolute assurance that my greatest pleasure is found in His good, acceptable, perfect will rather than in mine. Why would I ever fail to seek His will? Why wouldn’t I do it without the least hesitation? Because I’m still so far from being like Jesus. (heavy sigh)


Thank You, Lord, for being so patient with me. Thank you for loving, blessing, and accepting me as I am.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)