Blog Archive

Friday, March 21, 2008

Insidious Pride

We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification. (Romans 15:1-2 NKJV)

Pride is like an insidious cancer that defies riddance. My virtue seems proof of spirituality until the Holy Spirit reveals it as self-serving. The Lord says the solution is to be other-serving, working for what truly pleases and builds up my neighbor rather than myself. Jesus said the greatest person in His kingdom is the lowest servant. If He is my King, I may not show myself worthy of any esteem, but instead show others worthy of my esteem in my thought, feeling, word, action. If I aspire to glorify God, the stench of pride must be obliterated from wherever it hides.


In all I am Lord, let me serve You by serving others and not Self.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)