Blog Archive

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Response to Sin

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world ... since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner — not even to eat with such a person. (1 Corinthians 5:9-11 NKJV)

God’s Word does not ask me to do what is natural, but what will require His enabling. It’s far easier to curse the world’s immorality and overlook blatant sin in those I love most, but the opposite is directed. It is folly to attempt conviction of sin as only the Holy Spirit can. I must instead be willing to keep a clean house where I reside lest my Lord’s name be dishonored. And if I am truly among those "who are spiritual," I will speak to fellow sinners with gentleness, with an eye on restoration (Galatians 6:1).

Lord, please give me patience with Your work in the world, and please give me the gentle spirit of Jesus if indisputable sin crosses my path.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)