Blog Archive

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wrestling with God

Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day. Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. And He said, "Let Me go, for the day breaks." But he said, "I will not let You go unless You bless me!" (Genesis 32:24-26 NKJV)

The place where God meets to wrestle is always a defining moment. Before the wrestling is fear and anguish for what lies ahead. Once the wrestling commences it does not end until seen through to the end, until I am broken, until I prevail to obtain the blessing God had in hand as He waited for me to reach the place I could receive it. After each wrestling I am changed, I am able to witness Him move on my behalf — and I cannot help but see more of Who He has been all along. The heavy matter I carried is no longer my burden. It came off my shoulders as I wrestled.


Please give me strength and endurance to wrestle with You until You bless me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)