Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conflict

When you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you . . . There must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you. (1 Cor. 11:18-19 NKJV)

There should be no schism in the body, but . . . the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. . . I show you a more excellent way. (1 Corinthians 12:25-27,31 NKJV)

When division comes, do I see myself as the only one approved? Or do I esteem and show care for the person with an opposing viewpoint? Do I quiet my opinion and suffer long enough to thoroughly hear what the Spirit’s soft voice might teach me when I am still? Am I ready to honor another and rejoice in a truth that might lay outside my present wealth of wisdom? If division reveals that another is still under condemnation, am I ready to be used by the Spirit to share with them saving truth?


Lord, please let me discern the heart of a matter and speak truth graciously. When I face conflict, please guide me with the most excellent way — of love.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)