Blog Archive

Friday, April 4, 2008

The Master’s Own Servant

"For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. . . After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them." (Matthew 25:14-15,19 NKJV)

I am a child of the king. I am also a servant who will be called to account for how I’ve used the talents entrusted to me. Talent can lie in waste. I can use it for my temporal profit. I can pursue ventures more inviting to me than profitable to my Master. Or I can be a faithful steward who learns what my Lord considers worthy investment and diligently use my talent accordingly. My reward will be to hear from His lips, "Well done, good and faithful servant . . . enter into the joy of your lord."

Beloved Master, please show me what You would have me do this day with what You’ve entrusted to me. Please enable me to magnify Your glory in the process.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)