Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Time to Speak, a Time to be Silent

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! . . . How long, O you sons of men, Will you turn my glory to shame? How long will you love worthlessness And seek falsehood? But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. (Psalm 4:1-3 NKJV)

Standing for truth and righteousness is right when the matter is academic. Then opportunities to confront politically correct falsehood can quickly turn any esteem another may hold for me to contempt. Some matters do not merit unnecessary, unfruitful contention. But when the Lord brings into my life a matter which compels a stand for truth, I must remember to Whom I’ve been set apart, upon Whom I rely in the hour of conflict.

Lord, You have been faithful to give me strength when I did not wish to speak, and strength to hold my tongue. Please make me discerning of when You’d have me be silent, and when Your words need a gracious mouthpiece.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)