Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Everlasting Love

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I am also known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:12-13 (NKJV)

The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJV)

Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8 (NKJV)


We use the word "love" to describe a feeling which says, "I must have you in my life because of how you make me feel and I will do anything for you." What becomes of love on the day when you don’t make me feel good and I fail you?


Everlasting love says, "I must have you in my life because of who you are and who I am with you, and I will be for you all you need me to be." Love is not conditional on feelings or actions.

Love’s sacrifice still loves even when it hurts to love, even when we are not face to face. It is God’s everlasting love for us. It is to be our love for Him.

Lord YHWH, Your deep love reaches the depths of heart, soul, mind and strength. Draw us to love You as You love us. Let us see one another as You do, and love accordingly.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)