Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trouble Along the Way

"Load your animals and depart; go to the land of Canaan. Bring your father and your households and come to me; I will give you the best of the land of Egypt, and you will eat the fat of the land ... See that you do not become troubled along the way." (Genesis 45:17-18,24 NKJV)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ... These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 14:27; 16:33 NKJV)

The hunger and desperation of famine that drove Joseph’s brothers to Egypt for food would endure for seven years. Yet their hearts were to be not troubled, for all their needs would be met.

We want trouble-free lives. But Jesus warned us to expect tribulation (with a small "t") as we walk through this world. He also assured us that all our needs will be met. No matter what we face, whatever agony our soul feels, Jesus provides peace, good cheer, and power to overcome.

Lord, You are mightier than the worst of this world. Your peace is deeper than any pain. Your great love can overcome all hostility. Draw our hearts to speak with You, and to know Your Word.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)