Blog Archive

Friday, July 18, 2008

Perfect Only as One

Now I plead with you, brethren ... that there be no divisions among you. ... Each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
(1 Corinthians 1:10,12-13 NKJV)

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." (John 17:20-21 NKJV)

If the church wishes to convince the world to believe that the Father sent His Son for their salvation, here’s the recipe from Jesus: be one. There is no room to say, "I’m a Baptist / Catholic / Calvinist" etc.

We are Christians. We live as ambassadors who represents our Lord, Savior and King, Jesus Christ—not a denomination or faction.

Christ will return for His bride, not brides. Jesus is one with the Father, and has prayed that we would be just as mysteriously "be made perfect in one."

Almighty Father, Beloved Bridegroom, Precious Paraclete, Your incredible union is absolutely perfect. Please make perfect Your people as one, that we may be united with You as one.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)