Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Have Enough

And Jacob said, "No, please, if I have now found favor in your sight, then receive my present from my hand ... Please, take my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough." (Genesis 33:10-11 NKJV)

He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, and He will pay back what he has given. (Proverbs 19:17 NKJV)

Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive. When one has been blessed with abundance from God, the blessing may then be multiplied by sharing. Both giver and recipient benefit.

It would not be prudent to ever see God as being in debt to us, believing He owes us something by virtue of His promises. Yet we are able to rely on His Word, and His promise to pay back what is given to the poor in mercy is a curious way for Him to make us a lender to Him.

Lord, great is Your faithfulness! Your compassion does not fail—it is new each morning. Please enable us to see how blessed we are. Please give us generous hearts, eager to share the abundance You pour out.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)