Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

According to Grace, Not Works

For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." ... Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace ...
~ Romans 4:2-3,16 (NKJV)

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
~ Galatians 2:21 (NKJV)


Many creative depictions have attempted to define what it means to receive eternal life in heaven according to grace, not works. With thanks to my friend Amy Deardon, who hosted this on her blog earlier this week, I offer this video.

(Apologies to my dial-up friends. The clip is 3 minutes if you can wait for it to load.)


5 comments:

  1. I love this! and I love God's grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that video--a great illustration of God's grace. I stumbled on it a few months ago, but I'm so glad you linked it! Now I know where to easily find it.

    May He bless you richly today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ComfortWriter, I love that I shall never be weighed and found lacking in the righteousness I have in Jesus Christ.

    Gwen, I can hardly wait for the live illustration awaiting at the throne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Denise. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)