Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Sacrifice of Worship


"Worship changes people;
we become like whatever it is we worship."
~ Wes Harty

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me ...
I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
~ Psalms 27:5-6 (NKJV)

Therefore by [Jesus]
let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God,
that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
~ Hebrews 13:15 (NKJV)

Does Sunday morning ever arrive and find you not ready to worship? Whether busyness, contention with others, or cares of life weigh you down, do you ever feel you have nothing to offer God?

Then come before Him broken, frustrated, weak. If necessary, do all possible to make peace with any other Christian who is not at peace with you (Matthew 5:23-24).

Then offer worship and praise and joy as a true sacrifice. Let your soul say, "My heart hurts, my mind is distracted, my body is weary—yet I choose to worship my God through it all because He is worthy of it. I offer sacrifice of myself."

Such sacrifice is a pleasing aroma to Him (Ephesians 5:2).

And it may be offered any day or time of the week.

Almighty God, You are worthy of our most humble worship and most exuberant praise. Please enable us through Your Spirit to accept Your gifts of faith, hope, love, joy, peace when our hearts and minds and bodies need them most, so that we may bless You with an offering of ourselves.

Feedback appreciated! Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Bless you Anne, this was perfect.
    I pray the Holy Spirit fill me more each day, so I might have more love to give the Lord. I know I can love Him more and even then it would not be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to forever praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T. Anne, will heaven be enough? ;D

    And Denise, you shall. I'll be right there with you. We're on the dance team together, remember?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)