Blog Archive

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Love You



"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
~ Lamentations 3:24-25 (NKJV)

Blessed be the God ... of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble ... For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (NKJV)


Just twice in my life do I remember the Lord speaking to me in advance of something He was about to do—both times before incidents of unspeakable stress.

Some months ago He spoke of doing a work of healing for which I'd long asked. I rejoiced in the message. I rejoiced when I thought I saw signs of healing. Then the Lord got down to the real healing business, reopening old wounds to clean them out. The raw pain has left me reeling, even as the start of healing becomes evident.

The Lord knows well that healing may involve pain. I receive the gift from His scarred hand. As sufferings abound, consolation in Christ abounds more. In the pain I feel Him say, "I love you."

His immense grace compels me to praise Him, both in tribulation and sufferings, in His consolation and comfort.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1:21)


Feedback appreciated! Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. I praise God for your healing whatever form, may it be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sometimes the healing can be so painful, but very much worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you, dear Anne. He who began a good work in you will carry it out until completion! :) God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T. Anne, Denise, Gwen -- I thank each of you for the gift of your love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healing goes where healing flows. Healing flows through you everyday as you allow your gift to be shared with the blogging world, it can't help but get on you.

    He endured the cross for the joy set before Him. Weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning...the night is far spent, the day is at hand...this is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. You are every wit whole in Him. In body, soul and spirit. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug, I failed to thank you for this. Your words are of great blessing to me. Deep healing is in progress, for sure, and already giving life to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)