Blog Archive

Sunday, August 16, 2009

True Worshipers


"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him."
~ John 4:23 (NKJV)

We worship God through his Spirit, and our pride is in Christ Jesus. We do not put trust in ourselves or anything we can do.
~ Philippians 3:3 (NCV)


My church has a skilled orchestra and outstanding choir, and they are directed by a gifted music pastor. Yet it's not "anything we can do" ourselves that makes our worship inviting to the Lord. Jesus said the Father is seeking true worshipers who worship in spirit and truth—which involves not outward performance, but the heart.

"Spirit and truth" can be applied a number of ways. Related to worship, I think of "spirit" as being led by the Holy Spirit to worship in a manner which exalts the Lord before pleasing ourselves; I think of "truth" as knowing God well enough (through Scripture) to worship a true picture of Who He is, and not an image we've ourselves created.

Today I rejoice to be a part of worship ministries which strive for excellence because our God deserves our best. I rejoice more that our leaders are devoted to God and direct worship with spirit and truth.

I rejoice most of all because I am privileged to know the Almighty, and take pride in Christ Jesus—by Whose blood I have access to the Father that I may worship Him.

Our Father in Heaven, thank You for Your great love, which reveals Yourself to us. Thank You for the ability to worship You in song and voice, in life and testimony. Thank You for being worthy of all we are, all we have, and all we do being laid at Your feet.

Feedback appreciated! Post to
BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2009, Anne Lang Bundy, all rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Anne L.B.,
    Thank you for your prayers and encouraging words. They bring me peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful inspiration to me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)