Blog Archive

Friday, August 15, 2008

Choose Life

There is no soundness in my flesh
Because of Your anger,
Nor any health in my bones
Because of my sin.
For my iniquities have gone over my head;
Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
My wounds are foul and festering
Because of my foolishness.
(Psalms 38:3-5 NKJV)

"I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20 NKJV)

Sin brings death. The process of dying always accompanies sin, whether to a relationship, lack of health in our bodies, anguish in our souls. Life comes from God, and sin compromises unity with God and life.

Even those who are given eternal life through the blood of Jesus Christ fall prey to the consequences of sinful thoughts, feelings, words, and actions. We choose life when we choose to turn away from sin.

Oh Lord-Our-Righteousness, in You alone is our righteousness. In You alone is life and health of soul and body. Empower us to resist sin when temptation knocks. Draw us to cling to You and life.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)