Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Voice of God's Spirit

To You I will cry, O Lord [YHWH] my Rock: Do not be silent to me, lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. (Psalm 28:1 NKJV)

Jesus answered and said ... “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things.”
(John 14:23,26 NKJV)

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
(John 10:27 NKJV)

How can one know when one hears the voice of God’s Spirit, or of another spirit, or of Self? The Holy Spirit of the Lord YHWH comes in the name of Jesus, God’s Word made flesh. He speaks only truth, according to what the Word has already said. He speaks to glorify the Father and exalt the Son and not to indulge human will. He leads us to a high place where Self would have never ventured, so that we will become quite unlike those who follow another spirit and find themselves in the pit.

Good Father, thank You for Your Son’s assurance that You give Your Spirit to Your children who ask. Please cleanse our hearts and ears, that we might hear Your voice and follow where You lead.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)