Blog Archive

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Word of God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John 1:1-4,14 NKJV)

[Thus] says the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace ..."
(Isaiah 55:8-12 NKJV)


This is my testimony: I grew up hearing Jesus is God, Jesus died for my sins, the Bible is the Word of God. I understood only that Jesus is God. Then one day in autumn 1985, on a quest for truth, I met the Word of God in the Person of Jesus. It was love at first sight.

Life and Light and Love entered my life that day. He has never left me, and I have never been the same. The Word has been a Sword to pierce me (even as He was pierced) and Water to wash me. He is God’s Seed producing the Spirit’s fruit in my life. He is Grace and Truth, Joy and Peace. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. There is no other way, no other truth, no other life.

I am still in love. Building His Body exists in the hope that each person touched by my words will grow in love for the Word of God made flesh. He lives, and He is found in the pages of a book stamped in letters of gold, "Holy Bible."

Lord Jesus, I have beheld only part of Your glory, and You are beautiful. Your love for us is amazing. Thank You for making Yourself known. Thank You for giving Yourself for us so fully. Thank You for giving life to us who were once dead and didn’t know it.

Comments are invited! Post here, or e-mail via profile page.
Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)