Blog Archive

Saturday, June 21, 2008

God’s Kids

So the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? ... If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." ... And it came to pass ... that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" He said, "I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?" (Genesis 4:6-9 NKJV)

In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. ... My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. (1 John 3:10,18 NKJV)


By whatever doctrine we call ourselves adopted children of God, we wear I.D. cards showing who we are called Love and Righteousness. Righteousness is not found in conformity to law, but in identity with Jesus Christ and His righteousness. I share His rule over sin and make it my practice to ignore its knock at the door. My heart thus united to Christ, I feel His bond to all others united to Him—and share His love for them. And genuine love is not hidden.

Our Father, thank You for purchasing us from the devil and death, and making us Your own children, loving righteousness. Please lead our hearts to show our love for the many sisters and brothers in our big family.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

1 comment:

  1. I love your design for this blog: a scripture to begin each entry, a commentary to follow and closure with a prayer.

    We are of different Christian backgrounds but I am glad to have encountered your blog and I am sure that it has been a blessing to those to whom God has guided it, whether or not they have chosen to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)